Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Downieville Classic, a return to true mountain bike racing

It has been almost two weeks since the Downieville Classic and I have been letting the experience digest in my head. I can't really come up with the words to express such an experience so I will have to quote the All Mountain pro class winner Jason Moeschler.

"...there aren‚t many roadies that could survive the Downieville Cross Country. I bet that most of them would not even be able to stay on there bikes going up starting climb, due to it‚s steepness, and looseness. In short, Downieville is a real mountain bike race."

You can read Jason's full race report here.

Thanks to YUBA Expeditions, WTB, Santa Cruz and everyone else for putting on events for true mountain bikers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home