Friday, July 07, 2006

I may have prejudged bay area mountain biking

Since relocating to the Bay area about a year ago I have not been impressed with the mountain biking. After riding several trails (aka fire roads) in Marin and East Bay I had come to accept that Bay area Mountain Bikers were nothing more than road riders taking a break from the shaved legs and body suits. This outlook has changed since I visited Soquel Demo forest this weekend. It is no Whistler but have to say it was a lot of fun. Fast, steep, somewhat technical single track descents with fireroad climbs that will have you not feeling bad about eating that big breakfast. Also met some great riders down there. Nice break from the hippies and tourists I seem to always run into in Marin.

So in short, the Demo forest is where it is at as far as Bay area MTB is concerned. If you haven't been there, check it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home